Looking for prospective groom. As soon as you register on an Indian matrimonial site or any of the NRI matrimonial, you are on the lookout of prospective groom. After a few emails, you zero on a few prospective grooms, and have started chatting online, email them and then you need to talk to them directly on the phone. In most cases, the prospective bridegroom would be interested in talking to you directly. This is a confusing situation as you may or may not be comfortable about giving your phone number just after a few chats or online interactions..
However, most of the quality matrimonial services offer privacy options and when you give your phone number is your prerogative. However, giving your phone number is your decision, but do consider a few points will help you keep safe and away from red flags.
- Meet online, chat and even use the webcam during chat to study the body language of the person. If someone sounds desperate to get your phone number, be on your guard. It might turn out to a flake or a red flag.
- Only consider giving your phone number after you are satisfied to a certain extend that the person sounds genuine. In most cases, chat at least 8-10 times before you think of giving out your phone number.
- Be sure that you want to take the relationship to the next level with that person, before you get off the website and start calling up.
- Talk to your family members, discuss with them and as each family has different outlook, it is best to go with the flow, before you give your number.
- To be on the safe side, get a new SIM card instead of using your regular one and give that number to prospective grooms. This will ensure that you do not end up being disturbed at odd times during the day with personal calls, while in the office. Having a second phone will also ensure that you don’t have problems, if you feel you are being stalked or need to change your number, if it doesn’t work out.
These are a few simple tips to be sure that you give your number to genuine men who are actually interested in taking the relationship to the next level.