- Ask about each other’s day: Cutesy and niceties never go out of fashion. Even if nobody cares about your day, you know you have your partner who would be interested in knowing about your day. Tell him/her about your day and then listen about your spouse’s day.
- Fights are not deal-breakers: You fight, get mad at each other and then make-up. That is a marriage. Having a disagreement does not mean that the relationship ends. It just means that two people cannot agree over something but compromise and choose to stay together as they value their relationship.·
- Accept the obligations: You might not be interested in doing everything that your partner wants to do with you, but just to make him/her happy; doing a few things makes it worth it. Plus, the feeling is reciprocated when you want him/her by your side.
- Surprise each other: Picking up something that your spouse loves shows that you thought about him/her, even when you go about your daily chores. Whether it is a bunch of flowers or a tub of ice-cream, small surprises count.
- Saying “I love you”: These words never grow old but are a constant reminder that you are loved. Whether you start the day by it or say it a few times in the day, you never say too much of these
- Be sympathetic when sick: If your spouse is sick, cancelling plans and being with him/her means a lot. You might have to get medicines or cook that day but don’t complain. None wants to stay sick and when you get sick, he/she will reciprocate and care about you.