- Be Your Mate’s Best Friend – If you can think of your spouse as your best friend and not just a partner, that will actually keep your perspective on marriage different. This means that you will be more likely to handle any issues that you have with your partner with a lot more patience as if you would with your best friend.
- Spend Money In Similar Ways – If you and your partner are on the same page with how you spend money, then you will not have any or very few financial disagreements, which is a huge deal when it comes to maintaining a strong and happy marriage.
- Share Household Chores Equally – The one thing that those who are on our matrimonial website whether it is in the USA or our matrimonial service in Canada are looking for a commitment to life. That means not only will they be committed to marriage, but they will be committed to doing their fair share of household chores equally. This way, no one’s keeping score, and no resentments are being built up due to one having to do more of the work than others. The same goes for child-rearing.
- Have Married Friends – If your friends are married, then you will be more likely to stay married due to your friends having a positive influence on you. That does not mean to not befriend those who are divorced but don’t allow them to influence you and it is better to spend more time with your married friends than your single or divorced friends.6 secrets of a happily forever after
- Keep The Intimacy Alive – This part of the marriage is extremely important. If you do not spend at least once a week being intimate with your mate, then you will start to see your spouse as a roommate. Not a partner for life. Look into ways to spice it up if you must, but stay intimate with your mate forever.
- Be Appreciative Of Your Mate – You don’t need to shower your mate with gifts all the time, but you need to acknowledge that you appreciate what they have done by thanking them for it. The same goes for your mate! Otherwise, you will feel like you are being taken for granted and vise versa which will lead to resentments which is a relationship killer.